The Atlanta Youth Sports Association is excited to offer our volleyball program for athletes in 2nd-5th grade and 6th-8th grade. Our program is designed to introduce young athletes to the sport of volleyball while emphasizing skill development and fundamental techniques.
The 2nd-5th grade group will focus primarily on skill development and understanding the game through structured drills and exercises. As the season progresses, participants will have the opportunity to put their newfound skills to the test in friendly games. The 6th-8th group program is a balance of fundamentals and skill development, as well as opportunities to compete against each other in a fun, safe, and instructive environment.
Both programs are open to all levels of play and the coaches will work with your athlete to ensure that their skills and understanding of the game progress throughout the season.
We understand that families need time to plan their schedules, which is why we will post and share the schedules for all of our recreation leagues one week prior to the start of the season. We want to ensure that everyone is aware of the game times and locations well in advance, so there are no surprises. However, please note that there may be some changes to the schedule during the season due to elements beyond our control. We will do our best to communicate any changes as soon as possible and make adjustments to minimize any inconvenience. At AYSA, we prioritize transparency and open communication with our families to provide the best experience possible for our young athletes. Thank you for choosing AYSA for your child's sports activities.
- Court Size: The court size for youth volleyball can be modified to suit the age group. A smaller court size is often used to accommodate the players' abilities and promote successful participation.
- Net Height: The net height for youth volleyball is typically lower than the standard adult height. It can vary based on the age group:
- Grades 3-5: The net height is set between 6-7 feet
- Grades 6-8: The net height is set between 7-7 feet 6 inches
- Serving: Overhead serves, as well as underhand serves, are allowed for all age groups. The serving technique can be modified to accommodate skill levels, and multiple attempts may be permitted to ensure successful serves.
- Rotation: The rotation rules will be modified for younger age groups to simplify the game. The focus is on player development rather than strict adherence to rotational patterns for our athletes to learn and develop.
- Player Positions: The number of players on the court and their positions can vary. For younger age groups, smaller teams maybe be used when games are played, and players will have more freedom to move around the court.
Practices are one hour with a goal of 50 minutes of content. Games are also scheduled in hour blocks.
Practices are predominantly on weeknights and games are predominantly on weekends
Yes! A 10% discount will be automatically applied at checkout if you are registering multiple children
Leagues are built with 8 weeks of programming. We will make every effort to reschedule any postponed events due to rain, taking into consideration the availability of the facilities we use
AYSA is a great place to introduce your child to a new sport! AYSA focuses on levels of play and will ensure each player grows and develops as player all while having fun and leading a healthier life style!
Once registration closes we will communicate with parents who their coaches will be for the upcoming season. For volleyball, there will be no teams to start, this will be treated as a clinic style session with a progression into games as coaches see fit
Schedule will be release 1 week prior to the start of the season
Yes, all coaches will be automatically paired with their child unless specifically requested
You have two options: Upon registration you will be prompted a question on your intent to be a volunteer coach or not. or Please click this link (Coaches Registration) to register to be a volunteer coach
No experience is necessary, just a passion to teach our children. All coaches will attend a mandatory training where we will provide all the tools and information you would need to coach your sport.
All players will need to bring a water bottle, wear athletic clothing
Everyone will receive uniforms from their coaches during your first week of team practices
Yes we do ask that all athletes have at least one parent or guardian present at the fields at all times for safety issues. If you have multiple children participating at the same time, we do ask that you stay with your younger child but notify your other child's coach incase of any emergencies.
Each volleyball session will have a max of 18 players